Friday, April 20, 2007

Indie Crafter's Documentary - Handmade Nation


I am a great supporter for making things by hand and the indie crafting resurgence has shown me I am not alone. Each of my clips are hand made...by yours truly. I tilt the flowers "just-so" - for the clip to be worn on the left or the right. This way the blooms curve around your face and ear.

This is the kind of attention to detail you will never get from a mass produced clip. I literally stand in front of my mirror and hold the flower to my head to figure out how best to place the bloom on the clip. I spend hours downtown hand selecting the silk flowers I think are of the highest quality and what I would take pride in wearing myself.

This is what indie crafters and designers are all about and we are everywhere. I can't wait to see this new documentary about the indie crafting society.



1 comment:

TotalD said...

Congratulations on your launch Angle. I love the hand made and retro , indie craft community (didn't know I made costumes ) . Jonsie Cake is terrific and I'm in love with your clips. Cool stuff !