Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Abbot Kinney Festival - 2008

my best friend Lisa, ready to help me sell...











The motely crew of my friends hiding
in the back of the booth...making noise.

































The festival was fantastic! The day started out very overcast, but the sun crept out later in the afternoon to smile on us all. Thanks to everyone for coming out and to Lisa, Samir, Scott, David, Danielle, Max, Tram, Ron and Maya...thanks for being there!

I carried parasols this year, which were a big hit! I am going to get a collection of them on the website very soon, since I see that everyone needs a parasol! Especially in the California Sun! The sun is the enemy! Protect your skin with a beautiful parasol and look fetching at the same time! I just love the blue ones.


I also made some headbands and headwraps that flew off the table within hours. these are not on the website yet...but, I hope to have a big selection up and ready by next week, so please check back at
jonesiecake.com



All of the pix here are also in the customer gallery on the website.

A few of my customers are performers, artists, chefs, etc. and have a website of some kind to promote, so I put a link with their picture. Check them out!


P.S. My camera was on some weird setting to focus on what is in the background more than the foreground, so I apologize the pix are not as clear as I would like them to be. Note to self: Check camera settings out before snapping away!

P.S.S. Yes, there was a shooting and it was gang-related. Iit happened after everyone had pretty much left. We are all fine.

When you have over 200,000 people concentrated in a small area and a "hold out gang house" on the street filled with gang members drinking their 40's in the front yard, something is bound to happen. I feel very safe in Venice. There are other elements in the neighborhood, but that is what happens when you live in a city and what makes Venice interesting.

Turns out I knew Adam Pacheco, the young guy who was shot on Sunday. He never struck me as a gang member type, but he was the doorman at our favorite local hangout - The Other Room. He knew me by face and it is very, very sad he is gone now. He always had a smile on his face when I came to the door.





No comments: